top of page

Other administrative procedures


To register on the electoral list of the Commune:


Since January 1, 2019, there is no longer a deadline of December 31, now registration requests are taken care of throughout the year.


Only one condition persists: If elections are held during the year, registration requests must be submitted no later than the 6th Friday preceding the election. In certain situations, this period is extended until the 10th day preceding the 1st round of the election.

To be able to register, you must:

- be 18 years old

- be of French nationality (the European and municipal elections are open to nationals of the European Union)

- enjoy their civil rights


Note: If you have carried out your citizen census at the Town Hall of Val-de-Vesle, your registration on the electoral list of the Commune is done automatically when you turn 18.

To register, 2 possibilities:

Directly to the Town Hall office


On the website (link:

Parts to be provided:

- proof of address

- Valid identity documents


The electoral card is sent by post to your home no later than 3 days before the 1st round of the election (or referendum).


If your electoral card was not distributed to you before the election or the referendum, it is kept at the polling station. You can retrieve it by presenting an identity document.


To check if you are registered in your municipality before going to the polls:





Since March 28, 2017 the administrative procedures for identity cards are no longer managed by the Town Hall.


Just like passports, you will have to make an appointment in one of the 24 municipalities in the department authorized to take and process these requests. The towns closest to Val-de-Vesle are:



/!\an online pre-request must be made on the website of L'ANTS


The Town Hall secretariat remains at your disposal to help you create this pre-request or to provide you with a paper form.



Identity card: "valid for 15 years"

Any card published from 01.01.2004 has a validity period of 15 years instead of 10 years except for minors.


Parts to be provided:

- Recent photo (less than 6 months)

- Proof of address (less than 6 months)

- The old identity card or passport (for a renewal)

- Full copy of birth certificate (in case of loss, theft or first request)


In the event of loss or theft of your identity card, you must make a declaration of loss (form available at the town hall) and it will cost you 25 € in tax stamps.

Carte d'identite


The legalization of signature allows to authenticate by the Mayor (or a deputy), your own signature on an act which was written and signed without the presence of a notary.

The procedure is used to verify that you are indeed the person concerned by the document.


We advise you to call before going to the Town Hall (the Mayor or one of the deputies must be present).

Parts to be provided:

- Document on which the signature is to be legalized

- Identity document with your signature


The authentication of your signature must be done in your presence and you must sign your document in front of the Mayor (or the deputy).

Do not sign your document before the meeting at the Town Hall!


The process is free at the town hall.

It is chargeable if you go to a notary. Prices are freely set.

Légalisation de signature


If your child has to go abroad (on a school trip, with friends or members of your family), he needs an authorization to leave the territory, with a valid identity document (card national identity card or passport).


No procedure in town hall or prefecture is necessary, the CERFA form being accessible on the filling)


You can also download a blank form here:


Or come to town hall to pick it up.

Sortie du territoire


You have a dog that is said to be “likely to be dangerous”

1st or 2nd category, what are the rules?

Category 1 and 2 dogs are subject to strict rules to which chese two categories were created to regulate the keeping of dogs of breeds considered “dangerous”, in particular because of their ancestral use as guard, attack and defense dogs which may have shaped their characters and behaviors.


If for many masters of category 1 and 2 dogs, these rules seem absurd and obsolete, they nevertheless deserve to be respected, both to prevent incidents and to ensure the well-being of the dog.


The 1st category concerns three types of so-called "attack" dogs, not registered with the LOF*:

- American Staffordshire Terrier type dogs, commonly known as “pit bulls”;

- Mastiff-type dogs, commonly called“boerbulls”;

- Tosa-type dogs (also called Tosa-Inu).


The 2nd category concerns three types of so-called “guard and defense” dogs, all registered in the LOF, except one:

- American Staffordshire Terrier dogs

- Dogs of the breed AND of the Rottweiler type

- Tosa breed dogs (also called Tosa-Inu)


With regard to the rules common to the 2 categories, you are obliged to:

- have a temporary detention permit (puppy less than 8 months old) or permanent (dog more than 8 months old)

- pass a certificate of aptitude evaluating the ability of the master to hold a categorized dog

- pass a behavioral assessment to define the level of danger of the dog

- have your dog identified by microchip or tattoo

- have your dog vaccinated against rabies

- hold civil liability insurance covering the damage that your dog could cause to others or to their property.

- keep the dog muzzled and kept on a leash by an adult on public roads and in the common areas of apartment buildings.

For 1st category dogs, are added:

- Prohibition to acquire or sell (for free or for a fee) a 1st category dog.

- Prohibition to import or introduce a category 1 dog on the French metropolitan territory.

- Ban on access to public transport, public places and premises open to the public, as well as on staying in the common areas of apartment buildings.

- Obligation of sterilization, certified by a veterinarian.


Owners who do not respect these obligations are liable to fines, confiscation of the animal, or even euthanasia, a ban on detention and legal proceedings.


What relationship with the Town Hall?


Dogs belonging to categories 1 and 2 must be declared at the town hall of the place of residence. It is the Mayor who issues the definitive detention permit to the owner.


Parts to be provided:

- The animal's identification card (chip number or tattoo)

- A valid rabies vaccination certificate

- A certificate of civil liability

- A sterilization certificate issued by a veterinarian (only for category 1 dogs)

- Proof of breed (LOF), birth certificate, pedigree (only for category 2 dogs)


* LOF: Book of French Origins, which lists the origins of French pedigree dogs.

Chien de catégorie
bottom of page